Wednesday, December 17, 2008

my favorites

Here are some of my favorites from this semester.



An almost all pink book for a favorite 3 year old. It was just by chance I found some great pink paper. The end papers didn't work quite how I wanted because the paper was a little too thin, but it was a fun experiment anyway.




This is a modified sweet binding. Instead of using a whole panel of binders cloth around the first and last signatures, I used only strips, and it was of the same wallpaper as the covers. I loved the effect of the twist in the ribbon. I watercolored the edges of the paper.




And this little matching set is just too cute. They are quite small, and the paper on the covers really is shiny like it appears in these pictures. The eyelets on the coptic are actually pieces from an old necklace that I never wore anymore. (It is fun to figure out how to use stuff I already have!)

3 comments:

AmyCurtis said...

I've never thought about using old jewelry parts for eyelets! Genius! I like the cover too - very cool.

Lindsay said...

I absolutely love your eyelets! Pretty paper too.

Mindy said...

that's beautiful! i love the colors.